If you’re a freelancer and want to work in the field of SEO, i.e. Search Engine Optimization, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we will discuss what is SEO, and how can you add skills to work as an effective SEO Freelancer. We’ll also review what’s involved in freelance SEO, and how to pursue this skill in a part- or full-time capacity.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search engine optimization. It is a part of the Digital Marketing strategy. SEO refers to optimizing online content so that users can quickly locate it when using a search engine.
A user uses search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo for searching their queries. The search engine employs algorithms to determine which web pages contain the information you’re looking for and then ranks them according to relevance.
But here a question arises, there is a lot of content already on search engines and if what we are writing is the same, then how it will get ranked? With the help of SEO, you can make it that your article or webpage will reach users. Thus, to rank any webpage or content, a skilful SEO campaign is required. This is why businesses are willing to pay freelancers who know how to craft a successful SEO strategy to improve their search engine rankings.
Working of an SEO Freelancer
Optimizing online content is the main task of SEO freelancers. While developing the content, SEO freelancers use a variety of techniques to increase the search engine ranking. The final objective is to direct users to the relevant webpage.
Techniques used by SEO Freelancers are:
Keyword Research: Keyword research means finding the most search terms related to your website. You can include those particular terms and phrases in your article title, headings, and body once you’ve established which phrases or words people are searching for. Utilizing these keywords wisely will help your article rank higher on Google.
Competitor analysis: Comparing your content to those of competitors who rank highly is known as competitive analysis. You can find out for which keywords you are already ranking and any gaps in your competitors’ rankings through a technical SEO audit.
On-Page SEO: On-page search engine optimization means techniques to be deployed on the website or webpage where you’re posting content. These page optimization strategies include title optimization, image optimization, meta tags optimization, meta-description, internal links, external links and others.
Link Building: The technique of getting other websites to link to your content is known as link building (these links are often referred to as backlinks). With enough backlinks, your webpage will probably rank higher.
How to work as an effective SEO Freelancer
1. Be an expert in SEO: if you want to work effectively in the field of SEO, then you must have complete knowledge about SEO and its upcoming trends. Explore high-quality websites providing information regarding SEO, follow Industry –experts on social media to receive the latest insights, links, and thoughts that they post, take online or offline SEO courses to understand the basic principles of SEO, and also can read SEO books as reference material to increase the knowledge.
2. Show Work Portfolio: A potential client looking to employ an SEO expert who is experienced and has done prior work. Displaying examples of your work is the best method to demonstrate your value. But as a new freelancer, this might be difficult, but you can start by making your own blog and adding material.
A portfolio makes it simple for potential clients to check out your work and decide if it’s a suitable fit for them. This makes it more valuable than a CV or a list of qualifications.
A solid portfolio is one which has your name and contact information, your clients so that prospective clients gain a sense of who you’ve worked for, Your best search phrases, Any data that shows how your SEO optimization improved a client’s website performance, Link building examples and Any other types of projects you have done.
3. Get Feedback: Words from satisfied clients, in addition to a portfolio, offer additional proof of your abilities and worth. Request reviews from your customers and make sure they are displayed openly so that other potential customers can read them.
4. Create a Personal Website: Creating a personal website helps in many ways. It first gives you an online landing page where people can find you, find out what you offer, and your portfolio, and get in touch with you if they’re interested.
Secondly, you can show your writing even before obtaining clients is the second benefit. Create your own quality SEO articles, then submit them to your website. Prospective clients will see the SEO techniques used by you and can choose you for your skills.
5. Use SEO Tools: To be an effective SEO freelancer, you must use SEO tools. Some of them are free and some are paid. As per your requirement and interest, you can choose them. You can choose from Google Search Console, SEMRUSH, UBERSUGGEST, MOZ etc to enhance your SEO capabilities.
Perhaps this guide has given you a good starting place to work as an effective SEO Freelancer. So if you are ready to work as an SEO Freelancer, Set up a profile on Croxaint.